Special Session for Olympia
Today, (April 29, 2015) the WA State Legislature reconvened for special session.
I want to thank the many supporters who contributed to my 2016 race over the past 4 days just prior to the start of special session. I am humbled by your well wishes and personal messages of support.
As you may be aware, state and legislative elected officials in Olympia are unable to fundraise while the legislature is in session. For now, my campaign will be unable to process donations until the legislature is out of session.
I am proud to be Washington’s Secretary of State and consider it a privilege to serve Washington.
There is always more to do and I stand ready to continue to serve.
Help me continue to work for you.
Over the last two years, I am happy to report that as your Secretary of State, I have led efforts to:
- Modernize our operations, like corporation filings and public records storage, to reduce costs and save you time and money.
- Improve the election night reporting process so you can see results faster and more reliably. On Election Night, this past November, our website easily handled over 15,000 hits per second, and the system never even slowed down!
- Create innovative partnerships with private sector companies. For example, our office teamed with Microsoft, and launched a program through our State Library, that has helped over 12,000 people in our state get family wage job skills training through the IT Academy – for free.
Thank you for your continued support!
- 66 current or former County Auditors, including 26 Democrats
- Several organizations, and county, municipal, statewide and federal officials
- Past three Secretaries of State – Sam Reed, Ralph Munro and Bruce Chapman
- Endorsed in 2012 by all major Washington State newspapers
- Washington Secretary of State, 2013-Present
- Thurston County Auditor, 2001 – 2012
- Thurston County Elections Manager, 1993 – 2000
- Thurston County Assistant Records Manager, 1991 – 1993
Honors & Awards
- Washington State Association of County Auditors Legislative Leadership Award
- Office of the Secretary of State – Auditor of the Year Award and Voter Outreach Award
- Four Certificates of Excellence in Financial Reporting from the Governmental Finance Officers Association
- Three National Achievement Awards from the National Association of Counties for Significant Innovations in County Government
- National Association of Election Officials, Election Center, 1993 – present
- Washington State Association of County Auditors, 2001 – present
- Washington Association of County Officials, 2001 – present
- Washington Finance Officers Association, 2008 – present